March 26, 2023 4:17 pm

BULVERDE, Texas – Francesca Watson has invested her life savings into her beloved art studio, The Makery, in Bulverde.

Nevertheless, early Saturday morning, her alarm alerted her to an unexpected nightmare.

“I pulled up our safety camera and I could see the flames and the smoke. So I known as 911,” Watson mentioned.

By the time she arrived, the creating was covered in smoke. The aftermath of the fire shows tiny hope for her art studio.

In a Facebook video, Watson mentioned the fire began in her studio and “appears to be electrical in nature” just before it spread to the restaurant subsequent door, the Verde Bistro.

“This has got practically nothing to do with the restaurant subsequent door. The fire began in our studio,” she mentioned. “It is a total loss.”

The restaurant subsequent door also sustained important harm.

According to a Facebook post from the Verde Bistro, it will be closed till additional notice.

“This organization represents our whole life savings. We place all of it right here so we have no savings, but we’re going to have a roof more than our head and meals on our table,” Watson mentioned. “These young households operating in the buildings, my two assistants, you know, these are people today on fixed incomes or, you know, raising tiny households. And I just I’m worried for them.”

Rhonda Zunker with the Bulverde Spring Branch Chamber of Commerce is coordinating help for the far more than a dozen people today that perform at the art studio and restaurant.

“If we can assistance them with instant wants and, you know, give them a tiny bit of funds till they can get reemployed,” Zunker mentioned.

Some restaurants have provided to give the employees a short-term job till the organization can reopen.

Watson mentioned their pet shop cat died in the fire.

KSAT reached out to Bulverde Spring Branch Fire Division for facts on the fire and we haven’t heard back.

Copyright 2023 by KSAT – All rights reserved.